L. V.


Oak Lodge, Chailey

To home page
To directory of publishers

The initials or abbreviation "L. V." followed by a serial number appear on a small number of real photographic cards of two East Sussex villages: Chailey, north of Lewes, and Framfield. The photographs have unusually wide borders that sometimes truncate the captions, which are written mainly in capitals. 1922 and 1923 postmarks have been noted. Subjects include Framfield War Memorial, the exterior of St Peter's Church at Chailey, the Church interior, the lych gate, and the gateway to Oak Lodge on the road to Lewes. The highest numbered card seen is 21, which suggests that the series was very small.

The publisher of the cards has not been identified, but was doubtless local.

Design: Lucid Design