Storm-damaged pier at Worthing, March 23, 1913
General printer, who, according to Geoffrey Godden (Collecting picture postcards, 1996, Phillimore, Chichester), operated from very cramped premises at 8 Crescent Road, Worthing. Although he did not normally publish postcards, he made an exception when a great storm on Easter Sunday 1913 washed away the landward sections of Worthing Pier, leaving the Pavilion at the end standing isolated like an island. His multi-view and individual real photographic cards of the destruction mostly carry the double credit "Photo by J. Howell. Published by F. Coppard, Worthing". but examples have been found labelled "Pub. by F. C., Worthing". No other Coppard cards or pictures by Howell have been reported.
Design: Lucid Design